Shorten the Long URL From FileMaker using Curl
In this post, we will talk about how to Shorten the Long URL from FileMaker using Curl. It will work above FileMaker version 16.
First, We need to create an Account in BitLinks (https://bitly.com/) using this we can shorten the Long URL in FileMaker, This can be achieved through the following steps.
Step 1 : Creating an Account in BitLink to Integrate with FileMaker.
- Go to the Bitlink (https://bitly.com/) and create a Bitlink Account. After creating the account please note the username and password.
Step 2 : Create a new script in FileMaker database.
- In the FileMaker database create a new script to Shorten the Long URL.
- Mention the Long URL in the variable and encode the url using the “GetAsURLEncoded ( )” function.
After encoding the URL, we need to generate a token with Bitlink for that we are using the “Insert from URL” script step. In that we need to specify the authentication url and Bitlink username and password in the “Specify URL” and “Specify cURL” options as given in the following image.
- After “Insert from URL” step executed, Token will be generated in the specified field. Set this Token in a variable.
- We need to create another “Insert from URL” step, to Shorten the Long URL. For that we need to specify the Token and the Long URL in the “Specify URL” as given in the following image.
- After “Insert from URL” step executed, The long URL has shortened and stored in the specified field.
- Using the JSON functions, we can pick shorten URL from the field as given in the following image.
- After that copy the URL run it in the browser it will redirected to the original URL.
- If we implement the above mentioned steps we can able Shorten the Long URL from FileMaker using cURL.
- Here is an example URL of the page that we are showing as search results of Google developer console:“https://www.google.co.in/searchq=google+developer+console&oq=google+developer+console&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.7487j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8” and This the shorten URL for the above : “http://bit.ly/2DCSA14”.
Our team knows all about transitioning, migrating, converting, and upgrading for FileMaker. Companies that require FileMaker Integration can also use our services. We have worked with clients from the USA, Australia, and Singapore and will complete your FileMaker assignment in the best possible way at a lower price but the same or higher level of excellence.
If you want solutions to your FileMaker database, we can help. Click the below box for a free FileMaker consultation
You can also leave us your email below for receiving new updates regarding FileMaker and our company.