In this post, we will talk about how to send an SMS from FileMaker using Twilio API and cURL code.
One of our customers asked to need to send SMS from FileMaker, but unfortunately, there is no direct native code to send SMS from FileMaker.
To overcome this problem, we have found a solution to send SMS from FileMaker using Twilio API and cURL code. When we call this API and cURL code in the FileMaker script step “Insert from URL”, then it is possible to send SMS from FileMaker.
Steps to send SMS from FileMaker.
Step 1: Create Twilio Account
- The first step, of course, is to create a Twilio account and then note the “Account SID” and “Auth Token,” on the Twilio Dashboard. Also need to select the “Sender” Mobile number in your Twilio account.
Step 2: Create a script to Send SMS.
- Create a script to Send SMS from FileMaker using Twilio API and cURL code.
- The script mention variable for Account SID, Auth Token, From Mobile Number, To Mobile number, Text Content, URL, and cURL code like following
- $accountID – Account SID
- $authToken – Auth Token
- $from – From Mobile Number (Sender)
- $to – To Mobile Number
- $body – body of the message
- $url – “https://”& $accountID & “:” & $authToken & “@api.twilio.com/2010-04-01/Accounts/” & $accountID & “/Messages.json”
- $curl – “curl -X POST ” & $url &
” –data-urlencode \”Body=” & $body & “\” ” &
” –data-urlencode \”From=” & $from & “\” ” &
” –data-urlencode \”To=” & $to & “\” “
- In the “Insert from URL” script step on the URL, option specifies the variable $url and on the cURL, option specifies the variable $cURL
- For clear detail, please refer below screenshot
- After executing the above script, the SMS will send.
The team at FMDBSolutions hopes this article taught about how to Send SMS from FileMaker Using Twilio API. FMDBSolutions is a team of well-qualified experts that have a lot of experience with the many versions of FileMaker Pro and the FileMaker Go app too.
Our team knows all about transitioning, migrating, converting, and upgrading for FileMaker. Companies that require FileMaker Integration can also use our services. We have worked with clients from the USA, Australia, and Singapore and will complete your FileMaker assignment in the best possible way at a lower price but at the same or higher level of excellence.
If you want solutions to your FileMaker database, we can help. Click the below box for a free FileMaker consultation.
You can also leave us your email below for receiving new updates regarding FileMaker and our company.