In this post, we will talk about how to send SMS from FileMaker using cURL. This will work above versions FileMaker 16.
First, we need to create an Account in Nexmo (https://nexmo.com/) using this we can Send SMS from FileMaker, This can be achieved through the following steps.
Step 1: Creating an Account in Nexmo to Generate API Key.
- Go to the nexmo (https://nexmo.com) and create a Nexmo Account.
- Click “Sign Up” and enter the details. After clicking “Sign Up” it will send the Verification code to the entered Phone Number. We need to enter the Verification code and Submit. Once, we submit it will send the activation link to the registered Email address. When we click the Activation Link the Account gets activated.
- Go back to the nexmo (https://nexmo.com) and Login into the Account. After Login, use the url to go dashboard (https://dashboard.nexmo.com/getting-started-guide).In the Dashboard we can able to see the Key. When we click “eye” icon we can able to see the Secret. Please note the Key and Secret.
Step 2: Create a new script in FileMaker database.
- In the FileMaker Database create a new script to Send SMS.
- We are using the “Insert from URL” script step. In that we need to specify the URL to send the SMS as given in the following image.
- In the Specify cURL options, we need to provide the Key and Secret that we have noted and we have to provide the receiver phone number and we can provide the “NEXMO” or the registered phone number in the Nexmo Account and the content of the message as given in the following image.
- After “Insert from URL” step executed, the SMS will be send to the specified phone number.
Our team knows all about transitioning, migrating, converting, and upgrading for FileMaker. Companies that require FileMaker Integration can also use our services. We have worked with clients from the USA, Australia, and Singapore and will complete your FileMaker assignment in the best possible way at a lower price but the same or higher level of excellence.
If you want solutions to your FileMaker database, we can help. Click the below box for a free FileMaker consultation
You can also leave us your email below for receiving new updates regarding FileMaker and our company.