FileMaker 18 Kicks Off
New Features of FileMaker 18
FileMaker 18 is a great release and has features everyone can benefit from. We look forward to building innovative custom applications using the new tools for mobile, web and desktop.
New Features of FileMaker 18 Server
FileMaker Server 18 is compatible with Windows Server 2016 Standard Edition, Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard with Update Microsoft KB2919355, macOS High Sierra 10.13, and macOS Sierra 10.12. If you’re on Windows Server 2008 it’s a good time to think about moving to FileMaker Cloud. Also worth noting the release of a Spanish FileMaker Server support.
WebDirect desktop browser support includes Safari 12.x, IE 11.x, Microsoft Edge 44+, Chrome 72+, and mobile browser support includes Safari on iOS 12.x minimum and Chrome 72 on Android 7.x. Note that Firefox is not on the list of supported browsers.
FileMaker 18 For Desktop and iOS
FileMaker Go for iPad and iPhone has all the features provided in FileMaker Pro Advanced plus specific iOS features. You will need FileMaker Pro Advanced on the desktop to build your custom application.
- Ability to append a new PDF to an existing one via the Save Records as PDF script step’s append option on Go.
- Using the script step Insert from Device you can now read PDF417 (IDs), ITF-14 (packages), Aztec (mobile), and Data Matrix (labels, letters, food) barcode types.
- Using the FileMaker iOS SDK you can use MDM (Multi Device Management) to authenticate your application with the same OAuth providers supported in regular FileMaker applications: Amazon, Google, and Microsoft Azure.
FileMaker Server 18
FileMaker Server is known for its ease-of-use and ability to run without any problems.
The newest version focuses on performance improvements, FileMaker Server Admin Console interface enhancements, security updates, FileMaker Data API enhancements, and the Official FileMaker Admin API.
- FileMaker has enhanced the performance of FileMaker Server’s database engine, speeding up finds when many users are connected to the server.
- Unfortunately servers do go down unexpectedly due to hardware failure or power outages, but with the new Startup Restoration feature, FileMaker Server will automatically fix corrupt files after the server is restarted.
- FileMaker Server has been updated to work better with Zabbix, an open-source server monitoring software. You can monitor users, memory, cpu, disk space, network traffic, and processes, and you can trigger events on stats.
- The future of FileMaker Custom Web Publishing is the FileMaker Data API and it is now in parity with the functionality provided by the FileMaker PHP API.
- The FileMaker Server Admin API allows administrators to create their own interfaces to manage servers.
The FileMaker platform continues to be the leader in creating innovative, powerful custom applications for organizations all around the world and works seamlessly across Windows, Mac, iPad, iPhone, and the web.
FileMaker Go gives the platform a competitive edge and this version continues to build off its strong foundation. Organizations can create innovative and rapid custom applications for iOS with great ROI.
Contact Us for FileMaker 18 Services
FMDBSolutions is a team of custom FileMaker app experts that have performed projects for companies in the US, Canada, Australia, Europe, and Asia. Just take a look at our FileMaker portfolio and see for yourself.
Provide us with the details of your FileMaker problem(s) / specifications and we will analyze your situation and come up with a solution. We thoroughly evaluate and discuss customer requirements to ensure that the solution we provide matches the customer’s needs and desires. Our Sales, Marketing, and Project Management are all handled by our Texas office in the United States.
Our developers have gained certification in FileMaker 18 and we know all the ins and outs of the software. Contact us to discuss with one of our certified FileMaker experts and get a free FileMaker consultation (or click the yellow box down under) – This initial consultation is at no charge!
You can also leave us your email below for receiving new updates regarding FileMaker and our company.