Create and Update Events in Calendar view within FileMaker
In this post, we will talk about how to create and update events in the Calendar view within FileMaker using Webviewer Control and JSON. This will compatible with FileMaker version 16 and above.
In some cases, we are in need to create events within our FileMaker application and need to do it in a calendar view. It can be achieved by displaying HTML Calendar inside a Webviewer control and integrate it with FileMaker tables using JSON and FMP URLs.
Following are steps to manage events in a Calendar view within
Create Calendar in FileMaker using Webviewer control:
- Remember to turn on FMP URL permissions for the Accounts in Database Manager – Security section.
- After entering the HTML code from the open-source code website( https://fullcalendar.io/ ) in the Web viewer, the Calendar will be shown as like below
- After the Integration process is complete, In order to create an event in the Calendar we need to mention the Date, Time, Color, Title, Notes, Guests for the event in the FileMaker database as given below.
- After the Event information is entered, We need to run the script to create the event. In the script step, we need to mention those Date, Time, Color, Title, Notes, Guests field in the JSON function in a field to create an event.
- Initially need to generate Json to create calendar events. After that using those fields will pass the Event information values to the calendar to create an event.
- In Data1 field we are getting the List of Event Information created in the Calendar in JSON format.
- In Data2 field we are getting the Appointment created Date & Time Information as Follow.
- After creating the event, we can view the event in the Calendar as follows. If we need to update the event then we can modify the Date, Time, Color, Title, Notes, and Guests, update the event using the Event id.
The team at FMDBSolutions hopes this article explained you a workaround to Create and Update Events in Calendar view within FileMaker. FMDBSolutions is a team of well-qualified experts that have a lot of experience with the many versions of FileMaker Pro and the FileMaker Go app too.
Our team knows all about transitioning, migrating, converting, and upgrading for FileMaker. Companies that require FileMaker Integration can also use our services. We have worked with clients from the USA, Australia, and Singapore and will complete your FileMaker assignment in the best possible way at a lower price but the same or higher level of excellence.
If you want solutions to your FileMaker database, we can help. Click the below box for a free FileMaker consultation
You can also leave us your email below for receiving new updates regarding FileMaker and our company.