In this post, we will talk about how to calculate sales tax using TaxJar from FileMaker using cURL. It will work above FileMaker version 16.
TaxJar is a reliable sales tax solution for busy e-commerce vendors, designed to automate sales tax computing, reporting, and tax filing. The platform eliminates the tedious tasks of tax compliance cycle and allows you to concentrate more on your business. Here are the steps to integrate FileMaker and TaxJar.
Step 1 : Creating an Account in TaxJar to API Token.
- Go to the TaxJar (https://www.taxjar.com/).
- Click “Sign up free” button and it will redirect to sign up page, here need to enter the “Email”, “Password” and then click “Sign Up” button, now TaxJar account had been created. After the account created it will redirect to the welcome page(Step1), here you need to enter the personal details and then click the “Save&Continue” button. After Step 1 process completed it will redirect another page(Step 2), here we need to select “SmartCalcs API (For Developers)” and then click the “Complete setup” button. After Step 2 process completed it will redirect to “Dashboard” page, here page, need to click “Get started” button under “To-dos” Create your API token, it will redirect to “SmartCalcs API Token” page, here need to click “Generate API Live Token” and the “Live Token” will be generated, please see below image and note it the live token.
Step 2 : Create a new script in FileMaker Database.
- In the FileMaker database create a new script to calculate sales tax
- Mention the values in the variable like below
- Using above values need to create JSON format like below
- In the “Insert from URL” script steps need to pass the url, live token and JSON data like below
- After “Insert from URL” script step executed, the sales tax calculated in JSON data format in a specified field.
- Using JSONGetElement we can get “amount_to_Collect” separately in a variable like below
Our team knows all about transitioning, migrating, converting, and upgrading for FileMaker. Companies that require FileMaker Integration can also use our services. We have worked with clients from the USA, Australia, and Singapore and will complete your FileMaker assignment in the best possible way at a lower price but the same or higher level of excellence.
If you want solutions to your FileMaker database, we can help. Click the below box for a free FileMaker consultation
You can also leave us your email below for receiving new updates regarding FileMaker and our company.